Easter is coming up soon, April 12th, and many of us have been distracted by the Coronavirus pandemic and unsure how things would be as Easter approaches. At this point, it’s clear that social distancing and stay at home orders will still be in place. So, how do we still celebrate Easter to create a bit of ‘normalcy’ and joy for our family?
Easter has two sides to the holiday – the religious side and the Easter bunny side. Some people celebrate both, and some only one. For this post, I am focusing on the Easter bunny side of the holiday.
Filling the Easter basket may be tougher this year. Order early. Look for delivery or drive up pickup options. Amazon, Target, grocery stores are great options.
13 Ways to Celebrate Easter during the Coronavirus Quarantine
- Dye Easter Eggs. We’re home more so let’s take it up a notch and really take the decorating to the next levels. Multicolors, artistic designs, or whatever else you can invasion. Plan ahead to source your eggs – if your grocery stores are sold out check restaurants and restaurant suppliers as many (here in Arizona at least) are offering pickup for grocery essentials including eggs. If you have food coloring you don’t need to get those Easter egg dye kits.
- Hide the Easter basket and make it a scavenger hunt with clues around the house.
- Order Easter brunch or dinner from a local restaurant for curbside pickup.
- Get your neighborhood involved! spread the word (post of social media, NextDoor and signs by your mailbox) and have everyone draw and color Easter eggs on paper and hang them on your windows or garage so that everyone can walk, bike or drive around the neighborhood (while keeping distance) and count how many eggs you find.
- Be the sneaky Easter bunny and go around the neighborhood and chalk draw easter eggs on sidewalks.
- Have an Easter Bonnet decorating contest. Bring out the craft supplies and challenge your family to create their best Easter Bonnet and have a few prizes for ‘most elegant’, ‘most over the top’, ‘most creative’.
- Choose an idea for an Easter craft project, set up a table and set up the supplies. This will help to keep everyone engaged in family time.
- Play a few family Easter games – relay races with spoons holding an egg, egg toss (with a raw egg) are just two ideas. Google Easter family games and you get tons of ideas for easy games.
- Bake Easter sugar cookies and decorate with sprinkles or decorator icing.
- Make springtime Easter Pots – clay pots, dirt, seeds or annuals, and paints. Everyone can paint their pots and then plant their flowers celebrating spring.
- Make Easter Bunny pancakes – all you need is pancake batter, chocolate chips, and whipped cream and test our your creative skills
- Connect with friends and family that you would normally share an Easter meal with through Facetime or Zoom
- Make Peeps S’mores. Firepit, BBQ or even the microwave works.
Need more Easter inspiration?
- 15 Ways to Make Easter fun for Teens
- Easter egg fillers for tween and teen boys
- Create an Easter Basket your teen will love
Don’t forget this one