One of my favorite easy ways for holiday fun is to make themed pancakes. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been making special birthday pancakes for my son. I always make a B (my son’s initial) and then numbers for whatever age he is turning. For Christmas, I make Santa or Snowmen. And Easter, bunnies of course.
I come up with my designs using simple shapes and adding fruit, chocolate chips, and whipped cream where needed.
Dairy-free Pancake recipe ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups water
- cooking spray
- Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Trader Joe’s Sweet Rose Coconut Whipped Topping*
- banana (optional)
- sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
*So Delicious also makes dairy-free CocoWhip that comes in a frozen tub.
Dairy-Free Easter Bunny Pancakes Instruction
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix in oil and vanilla. Slowly mix in water until well combined. Add the mix to a Pancake Dispenser bottle or squirt bottle (a Ziploc bag with the tip snipped with also work)
- Heat skillet or griddle and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan in the following shaped: 1 large circle (body), 1 medium circle (head), 2 small circles (feet) and 2 long ovals (ears). As the small circles cook, add 3 chocolate chips to each for the toes.
- Flip when one side is cooked.
- When cooking is done arrange on plate. Add whipped cream and shredded coconut for the tail. Add banana slices for the toe pads. Enjoy!
Make sure to check out more dairy-free holiday recipes and round-ups: