Everything tastes better dipped in chocolate 🙂
Making chocolate dipped Peeps is a fun and easy family activity and makes an easy Easter dessert. Make a batch and wrap them in a cellophane treat bag for the simple gift.
Supplies needed to make chocolate-dipped Peeps
- dipping chocolate
- variety of sprinkles
- wax paper, parchment paper, or Silpat baking mat
How to make chocolate-dipped Peeps
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper (or wax or Silpat)
- Separate the Peeps using a knife or scissors (pulling apart stretches them out of shape)
- Melt chocolate. You can do this in the microwave, double boiler or a chocolate melting pot. For simple projects like this I prefer the microwave. Place chocolate melt in a glass bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes. Stir and then repeat in 30-second intervals until melted. DO NOT overcook.
- Dip the Peep partially in the chocolate and shake off excess. Dip in the bowl of sprinkles and place on prepared tray. Chill until set.