Spring Break. This week varies anytime between March and April. For some schools, it’s even 2 weeks long.
Whether you live in Phoenix or coming to visit, we have some great ideas for you. Spring is the perfect time to visit Arizona. If the snow is still lingering where you live, spend some time soaking up the sun.
- Watch a Spring Training Game. One of the best things about Spring in Phoenix is Spring Training. Home to the Cactus League, Arizona hosts a majority of MLB baseball teams all over the valley.
- Enjoy our luxurious AZ resorts
- Hole in the Rock
- Go for a Hike. Arizona has so many gorgeous hiking trails for every level. Spend some time with nature, enjoy the fresh air and the gorgeous cactus blooms.
- Desert Botanical Gardens. The Arizona desert landscape is so unique. The cactus. The succulents. We love to stroll the paths of the DBG.
- Phoenix Zoo
- Kayak our lakes and rivers. Some of the best places to kayak include Tempe Town Lake (a bit more urban experience), Lake Pleasant or the Salt River
- Go to the Water Park. Arizona has lots of water parks to help keep us cool during our hot winters. The parks start to open on weekends during Spring Break. Our favorites are Wet ‘n’ Wild and Golfland Sunsplash. Read more about our trip to Wet n Wild last year – excited for this season!
- Step back in time for a day at the Arizona Renaissance Festival.
- Take a day trip. Grand Canyon, Sedona, Prescott, Flagstaff, Tucson
- Explore Downtown Scottsdale. The western shops. The canal public art. Finish the day with ice cream at the Sugar Bowl.
- Phoenix Herpetological Society
- Arizona Science Center
- Phoenix Art Museum
- Tempe Spring Festival of the Arts. Such a fun event hosted in Tempe twice a year. So many booths to browse and fun art to buy. And the eats – festival food and food truck alley. Check out our write up about the Festival of Arts.
I can’t stop at 15 so here are a few more Things to do with teens in Phoenix for Spring Break.
- Heard Museum
- Arizona Museum of Natural History
- Scottsdale Culinary Festival
- Phoenix Film Festival
- Golf – how about a round on one of our beautiful courses
- Phoenix Open and LPGA Founders Cup