Does your family include pets?
Sara (or as we call her Sara-cat) is our 18-year-old calico cat. Her sister (technically not her sister but we adopted both of them at the same time) passed away a few years ago. They were both rescue cats that we adopted for an organization in San Diego. Sammy had been rescued locally and Sara had been rescued in Mexico and brought to the shelter. Sara is still doing well and spends more of her days sleeping or cuddling compared to sprinting around the house as she did in her younger years. She follows me around the house all day and is always at my side while I work.
Where do you buy all your pet supplies? We order from Chewy and love it! Chewy is an online pet supply store. You can make a one-time purchase or set up autoship. We switched to a lot of home delivery businesses during 2020, but we’ve been using Chewy since 2018.
Chewy has pet supplies more than just for cats and dogs. Do you have hamsters, guinea pigs, lizards, snakes? Even farm animals including chickens and pigs and even Llama food. You can also order pet prescriptions from their pharmacy department.
Want to give Chewy a try?
This post contains affiliate links. Our blog participates in affiliate programs where we earn a small commission if you purchase from those links. There is no additional cost to you.
5 Reasons Why We Love Chewy For our Pet Supplies
One: It’s all online. No need to run another errand in person. No need to round up the kids, no traffic to deal with, no checkout lines. Plus its open 24 hours.
Two: One word, Autoship. Life-changing. I have been working on switching as many of our regular consumables to autoship to simplify my life. No worries about running out. Not having to think about when you need to go to the store for more pet food. No late-night runs to the corner market for pet food. Plus it’s great for budgeting because it’s easy to know how much you spend each month.
Even when supplies were low in early 2020 due to people stocking up, Chewy took care of their customers and kept us updated about inventory.
Chewy always sends an email a few days before your shipment is scheduled to ship so you can adjust your order or ship date.
Three: Pet supplies are heavy. No more lugging it into the cart, checkout stand, and then into your cart. Instead, it arrives right at my doorstep. We know those packages are heavy and always leave a basket of snacks and drinks on our front patio for the delivery drivers.
Four: Great prices and discounts for setting up autoship.
Five: Fast and FREE shipping. 1-3 day Shipping is free if you spend over $49. This depends on where you live but I can place an order and get the package the next day (I believe they have a warehouse near Phoenix so that helps with the speedy delivery).
Chewy Cat Essentials (one-time order)
• Catit Cat Pan – the disposable liners fit perfectly in this litter box
• Litter Genie Plus Litter Disposal System – like a Diaper Genie but for cats. Makes scooping often much easier because you don’t constantly need a new bag or take it out every time you scoop.
• FURminator de-shedding Cat Brush
• Frisco Travel Carrier Bag – even if you don’t travel with your pets, it’s useful to have a carrier for trips to the vet or family moves.
What’s on my Chewy Autoship?
• Nature’s Miracle Disposable Cat Litter Box – these disposable boxes are life-changing. I hated using the plastic liners – they would rip and make more of a mess. These fit inside the Catit Cat Pan (linked in my essentials). They don’t rip and they help absorb odors.
• Frisco Multi-cat Unscented Clumping Litter – great price and works great
• Cat food
Convinced you need to sign up?
Click here to subscribe to Chewy
[ Sweet Shoppe Mom Favorite Home Delivery/Autoshop\Sumbscription Box services ]
Imperfect Foods (autoship)
Ipsy (subscription box)