Summer is here which means it’s pool season! On the hunt for the best pool toys for tweens and teens? These are a few of our top picks!
When we moved from San Diego to Arizona, I insisted we put in a pool and it was one of the best decisions we made when building our home. Most summer days are over 100 degrees, some even hit 110 or 120. But we don’t want to spend the entire summer indoors.
With a teenager in the house, its a great hangout place for when his friends come over. We’ve hosted many pool parties for the baseball team.
12+ Pool favorites for the tweens and teens
- Large blow-up rafts: These aren’t just for little kids – there are so many fun styles adult (or teenager) sized. Not only are they fun, but they add to our pool decor. A few of our favorites:
- Foam Pool Noodles: noodles are a pool toy essential and these foam pool noodles are supersized.
- Nerf Super Soaker: A few water blasters and you’ve got a pool party! Great way to stay cool and some competitive fun!
- Poolside Basketball Hoop: swoop! My son and his friends can spend hours shooting hoops in the pool. This is the one we have and it even converts for pool volleyball.
- Hydro Football: sports, sports, sports. Hydro footballs are waterproof and perfect for tossing the ball in the pool.
- Ecoxgear Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker: Teens are always playing their music. These Bluetooth speakers are wireless, waterproof, and even float. We use them around the pool and also take them along for kayaking and camping trips. They’re so easy to connect to our phones and stream Spotify (or any music streaming service). We have two for a stereo effect.
- Portable Projector: Not really a toy, but our new favorite things for outdoor entertainment. Portable projector – we can stream from our phones and project to the wall by our pool. Our own ‘dive in movies’. We stream by connecting our Chromecast but you can also connect a laptop with HDMI or AV cables.
- Outdoor Inflatable movie screen: Set up poolside for nighttime movies that you can watch from the pool…kick off the season with Jaws…
- Underwater LED Disco Lights: fun disco lights for nighttime swims
- Floating Ball Toss: teens always love a competition and bringing it to the pool is always more fun
- Waterproof playing cards: solitaire, poker, what’s your game?
- Wiffle bat and balls: not traditional pool toy, but has been used many times in our home in the pool.
- Emoji Beach balls – a bunch of beach balls makes time in the pool fun – my son and his friends are always creating crazy games with beach balls (they’re teens so that usually means trying to beam each other and tricks like jumping in the pool while catching the ball)
Hot tip – invest in an air pump because you really don’t want to be blowing up the large pool float with your mouth. Trust me. We used our Advanced Elements pump for our pool floats and also our inflatable kayak.
Besides, lots of time in the pool this summer, are you running out of ideas to keep your teens busy this summer?