Oprah has her Favorite Things list and I have mine
disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. All items in this I purchased with my own money and all opinions are my own.
My Favorite Things, 2020 edition
- Back and Neck Massager – I’ve always had major knots in my neck and back and this massager is amazing for working them out. I never expected much from an at-home massager but it really helps to work them out. I use this almost every night or even sometimes while working.
- Malin + Goetz Recovery Treatment Oil – this is a bit of a splurge but the smell is luxurious and it makes my skin look amazing. It hydrates my skin and evens out my skin tone.
- Cardea AuSet Calm mood mist – I spray this mist on my pillows before bed. The smell is amazing and brings a sense of calm over me. It’s a splurge but it’s a luxurious self-care treat.
- Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 – my favorite moisturizing lip balm that I discovered after years of trying different products. I keep one in my purse and one on my nightstand.
- Allbirds Wool Runners – I live in these shoes. So comfortable and lightweight. I can wear them sockless but my feet don’t sweat (miracle!). They keep my feet warm but I can also wear them in the summer. The magic of merino wool is what makes these shoes so amazing. They’re also machine washable.
- UGG McKay Booties – these sheepskin booties are perfect for winter, easy to slip on for errands or walks around the neighborhood. So cute too.
- Apple Watch – I wasn’t sure if I would love my Apple Watch or not but it ended up being one of my favorite things. The fitness tracking keeps me motivated which is why I purchased it. But I fell in love with it for many more reasons. The notifications keep me from checking my phone when I’m out – I find I can relax with my phone away in my purse and not worry about missing an important call or text. I also enjoy checking the weather, control streaming media, and my grocery list app. I own the Apple Watch 5 and they have since released the Apple Watch 6.
- Iconic Cocktail mixers – Tasty and easy cocktail mixers created by a local Arizona small business. Mixers are made from local ingredients, real sugar, and no artificial ingredients. Their mixers make it possible to create amazing craft cocktails at home…which in 2020, has been needed.
- Glencairn whiskey glass – the best glass for sipping whisky neat, my spirit of choice
- Dyson V11 cordless vacuum – Can a vacuum be a favorite love for the year? Yes, it can when it simplifies your life and makes chores easier.
- Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer – I’m obsessed with this hairdryer. Huge time saver. I’m really terrible at styling my hair, but with this dryer, my hair actually looks somewhat decent.
- Quay High Key Mini sunglasses – Love my Quay sunglasses – stylish, comfortable, and affordable
- C.C. Kint Cap – I don’t need a hat very much in Phoenix but when I head up north I love this hat. Cute with the fur pom pom, well made and cozy with its extra lining.
- Madewell Zip Top Transport Crossbody Purse– I don’t like to carry a huge purse and love how I can wear this crossbody and it’s slim against my body. I have the black version and love to switch up the straps.
- Jackery 500 Portable Power Supply – Bought this for camping trips but we’ve been using it a lot this summer for backyard movie nights to power our projector. For camping, it powers our electric fridge along with our phones or anything else that needs charging.
- Anker PowerCore Metro Portable Charger – Perfect for travel, the Anker charger can charge multiple devices on a single charge. You can even charge 2 devices at once.
- Sony a6500 Mirrorless Camera – This camera took my photography to the next level. Takes fabulous photos in low light. Because it’s so much smaller and lighter than my DLSR, I can always keep it in my purse with a 50mm lens on it.
- Olive & June Nail Polish – I was getting my nails done at the salon with gel polish until the salons shut down earlier this year. I’ve never had much luck with nail polish staying chip-free for more than 3 days until I found Olive & June – now I’ve found a polish that can last 10 days. Even with the salons open again, I’d rather do my nails at home to save time and money.
- Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer – One of our best purchases this year! My teenage son can use the air fryer to easily cook his own meals which have been a great way for him to make himself breakfast and lunch while virtually learning at home (allowing me to focus on my work without interruptions). It’s also great for reheating takeout food which has been useful as we’ve been eating takeout but often by the time it gets home it’s not as hot or crisp as it was – the air fryer makes the food taste freshly cooked. Also reheated pizza tastes freshly baked. The oven style over the basket allows us to also use it to bake or broil.
- Anova Sous Vide – I bought my sous vide two years ago where it sat in the cabinet for a year. Why did I wait so long to give it a try? It’s so easy and cooks perfect steaks. Also great for prepping chicken breasts for a week of easy and healthy lunches.