Baby products make me want to have another baby, almost…
As a mom to a teen, I’m done. I enjoy his independence which is allowing me time to focus on myself again. But do you ever look at the cool new baby products and I think I want to have a baby just so I can buy those? They didn’t have THAT when I was pregnant.
So how about instead, ideas for gifts for our friends who are having babies. Or grandchildren…
So as I see it, the best baby shower gifts
I recently attended Babypalooza in New York City. The event was for bloggers and influencers showcasing some of the newest products for pregnant mommas and newborns. Host at Chelsea Piers with lots of great food, fun products to learn about and great views of the water, it was a fabulous afternoon.
The best new products for babies and new moms
Here’s my 10 FAVORITES that I spotted at the expo
- Pediped – These were the shoes I bought for my son when he was tiny. At the time there weren’t as many options as there are today. But these shoes continue to be a favorite with the quality and style. Other popular shoes that had elastic at the top dug into his chubby thighs. I still buy Pedipeds, but as the perfect baby shower gift.
- Thule strollers. Thule is my favorite brand for bike carriers for the car but did you know they make strollers? The Urban Glide is is their baby jogger and soon to be released is the Sleek Stroller, their first 4 wheel model.
- Oilogic Essential Oil Care – Roll-on essentials oils that are easy to use and perfect for throwing in a purse. Our favorites are the Itch Relief and Headache & Tension roll-ons. They have lines perfect for babies, kids and adults. My son used the headache one during our trip and he was happily surprised how well it work (and I prefer to minimize the use of pain medicines but he gets headaches when its hot outside or long days).
- Tonic – This product intrigued me and I’m excited to give it a try. Tonic makes collagen packets that you can add to your morning coffee. I recently starting taking collagen, but its 6 huge pills to swallow and I’m NOT a fan. Excited to try these packages.
- Newton Baby – This innovative design provides better breathing for a safer sleep. This mattress is completely washable.
- Vianetic Backpack – Such an intelligent design. Every section is well thought out to carry all you need for babies and diaper changes. And because we’re all mommarazzis, safe storage if you want to pack your camera too. Adjustable compartments to grow with your kids.
- Babo Botanicals. I liked the tinted lip products that also contained sunscreen. Multitasking is always a parent win!
- B.box for kids – Loved the innovative designs for toddler self feeding. We loved our travel Snack Pack – my son used it to carry snacks during our NYC travels. Love their innovative fork design for their feed utensils which makes it easier for babies to self feed. The Bowl XL + Straw looks perfect for morning cereal.
- Babyganics – A line of baby products including sunscreen, laundry detergent and sunscreen. I love that the bug repellent is deet-free. Also love that it is available in individual packets perfect for road-trips and won’t dry out.
- RXBAR Kids– these were great to keep in my purse as we explored New York City. I ate them all before I snapped a photo, 🙂 Love the short list of real ingredients!
And one more, a bonus
dear mom wine co. – Rose in can. Cute cans with rose, red, and white wine.