Themed school days. So many but one of the ones we think that is so fun is Color themed Days.
Sometimes it’s for Spirit Week which means dressing in the school colors. For us that means Green and Purple.
Once a year our school had a field day the last day before Spring Break. Each homeroom class has their own color and the classes compete against each other.
- Tops and bottoms in the colors. Don’t have clothes in that color? No worries there are a few inexpensive solutions
- Ask a friend or neighbor if they have clothes you can borrow
- Walmart and Target have inexpensive solid color t-shirts
- Thrift Stores
- Tie-dye a white t-shirt
- Tutus – easy to DIY yourself. A quick google or Youtube search will give you many easy tutorials
- Knee socks
- Bandanas. Very inexpensive. Tie on the head or around the neck
- Hair color. There are a lot of temporary hair dye options – spray, chalk, and gels. This time we used Splat 1 Wash Temporary Dye
- Create a custom t-shirt with a Silhouette or Cricut vinyl cutter and HTV. For our recent field day, we customized a basic t-shirt with my son’s class’ team. He also wanted to add his hashtag for his social channel for fun. It would also be fun to customize shorts by adding a design to the butt.
- Swap out the shoelaces in their sneakers for a fun pop of color
- Nail polish
- Colorful tights or leggings under neutral sports shorts.