I’m currently following the Keto diet (or way of eating rather than a diet). I wasn’t feeling well and had gained some weight so I’m using keto to get back to where I was a year ago feeling and looking great. Yes, I may be Sweet Shoppe Mom, but that’s because I used to own a custom cake shop and still make cakes for the family on special occasions. I also love to use my creative skills on regular food to make it fun for lunches (bento lunches) or sports snacks (like my baseball fruit kabobs). We’re not eating celebration cakes every day.
I’ve also started sharing some keto recipes like my Keto Avocado BLT wraps, so good.
Eating Dairy-free Keto
Due to a food allergy, I eat dairy-free. For many keto recipes, dairy is the main ingredient especially cheese, cream, and butter. But there are also plenty of people who follow the keto diet successfully also eating dairy-free.
Since I’ve been on the keto diet I’ve discovered some great products that work well with the Keto diet while also eating dairy free.
Top 10 Dairy-Free Keto Staples
- Kite Hill Almond Milk Cream Cheese
- Regular and Butter-flavored Coconut Oil
- Sweeteners – Monk Fruit, Stevia, Truvia, Swerve
- Lily’s Chocolate Bars – dark chocolate, dark chocolate sea salt, dark chocolate sea salt almond
- Pork Rinds
- So Delicious Sugar-Free Coconut Milk Ice-cream
- Lily’s Baking Bar and Lily’s Baking Chips
- La Croix
- Bacon (no sugar added is best)
- Jerky (no sugar added)
Here are a few more essentials
- Avocado Oil
- Pink Sea Salt