I’ve been a fan of the Paleo diet for a few years now. I’ve gone through periods of time when I’ve done the strict Paleo or Whole30 diet but most of the time, I follow a diet that leans towards Paleo. Due to food allergies, I eat dairy-free and the emphasis of vegetables and meats works for me and my family. Paleo cookbooks are a great source for dairy-free recipes. A few contain ghee which my body can handle because the whey has been removed – those with a strict dairy-free diet where the slightest bit of contamination causes issues or an allergy to Casein (the other protein in milk), should skip these recipes.
I’m a collector of cookbooks. I own over 200. I love them. I cook from them and you will usually find a pile on my nightstand as I love to read them – learn about techniques and find recipes I want to try. My favorites are fill of sticky notes marking the recipes I want to try.
These are my favorites – the ones I cook from over and over. They’re listed in no particular order (other than what what aesthetically pleasing)
- Well Fed – Paleo Recipes for People Who Love to Eat by Melissa Joulwin
- Eat Like a Dinosaur by Paleo Parents
- Paleo Smoothies by Mariel Lewis
- Paleo Takeout by Russ Crandall
- The Paleo Kitchen by Juli Bauer and George Bryant
- Against All Grain by Danielle Walker
- Meals Made Simple by Danielle Walker
- Nom Nom Paleo by Michelle Tam
- Paleo Slow Cooking by Crissy Gower
- Make it Paleo by Bill Staley and Haley Mason
- Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragosa
- Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo
My two favorites, that I cook from often and have loved every recipes are both from Danielle Walker – Against All Grain and Against All Grain, Meals Made Simple. If you’re looking for one or two books to start with, I highly recommend these.
My newest addition to my collection is Jennifer Robins’ Paleo Cooking with your Instant Pot. I haven’t tried any recipes yet, but I LOVE my Instant Pot (6 qt DUO) so I’m excited to start cooking from this book.
Any books I should add to my collection?
disclosure: This page contains affiliate links.