School’s out and with temperatures hitting 115, summer has arrived! One of my favorite fun and simple cakes to celebrate summer is my Sand Caste cake.
How to make a Sand Castle Cake:
- Bake your cake using the Wilton Enchanted Castle Pan. Bake according to pan instructions, cool and remove from pan.
- Place cake on a board (cake board or wood) covered with white food grade foil or freezer wrap.
Now it’s time to make the Sand Castle ‘Sand’
How to make edible sand for a cake
- . Crush cookies (either in a food processor or a fill a bag and crush with a mallet). There are a few options for making sand depending on taste preference – graham crackers or Nilla wafers. Mix in some crystal sugar for a sparkly sandy effect.
- Tint icing using copper gel color.
- Sprinkle ‘sand’ over icing and lightly press down to accent castle features
Finish the cake with the final decor touches:
- Make flags – I just used popsicle (or skewers) and cardstock to keep things simple.
How to make edible Sea shells
- Make sea shells using white chocolate candy melts and candy molds or soap molds. Melt the chocolate, pour into molds, chills and remove when set.
- Dust shells with a food grade paint brush and pearl lust dust.
- Arrange shells on cake board – use a little icing to ‘glue’ them down.
- Wilton Enchanted Castle Pan
- Shell molds
- crystal sugar
- pearl luster dust
- Americolor gel, copper
- food grade paint brush
Disclosure – This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a portion of the sale.