I find myself often reorganizing parts of my house and was often missing things I needed which meant I had to leave what I was working on and would often get distracted. I always have my label maker with me but often found there were more things I needed. When I organize a space, I often move things around, redecorate and make small repairs and its great to have everything you need to get the job done.
I needed paper to make a shopping list. A new set of shelves needed to assembled first but I needed some tools. A piece of furniture would be more useful in another room so it has to be moved – furniture sliders make it easy to move large pieces of furniture by yourself. Can’t remove the price tags for some newly purchased baskets – Goo Gone to the rescue. Look at those dirty fingerprints – where’s my sponge?
My solution – create an Organizing Kit.
I re-purposed an old scrapbooking caddy leftover from when I used to attending scrapbook nights. A plastic cleaning caddy, tool bag or bucket would also work great.
- Label maker (I’m a big fan of the Brother P-touch brand)
- Label maker tape (both white and clear tape)
- Tools – screwdriver, hammer, pliers
- Tape measure
- Sharpies – assortment of sizes and colors
- Pens & pencils
- Chalkboard markers
- Several types of Glue – Glue Stick, Wood Glue, E-600
- Tape – Clear Tape, Masking Tape, Double-sided Tape
- Chalkboard Labels
- Ziploc Storage Bags – X-large, 2.5 Gallon, Gallon and Quart Sizes
- Velcro Ties
- Furniture sliders
- Goo Gone
- Magic Eraser
- Washi tape
- Command Strips – Picture Hanging Strips, Medium Hooks
- Rubber Bands
- Clips – Paper Clips, Binder Clips
- Post-it Notes
- Trash Bags
This post contains affiliate links. I was not asked to write this post and all opinions are mine.