About a year ago I realized I was having issues with eating dairy (turns out I have an allergy to whey) and one thing I really missed was ice cream. Over the past year I have been trying out the dairy free ice cream alternatives that are available. I’m a chocolate person (plus mint) and never cared much for fruit desserts for which there are a lot more dairy free options available. I try to avoid soy so most options are made with almond milk or coconut milk. Its important for me that they have a very chocolately taste and a cream texture. I found some brands to taste watery and others didn’t have a good texture. But after a year of testing I have found 4 options that I love:
- Trader Joe’s Chocolate Frozen Dessert – this is my favorite because of the great chocolate taste.
- So Delicious Almond Milk Mint Chip – great mint taste, great texture
- Almond Dream Bites Chocolate – great small snack, love the chocolate coating
- Sweet Republic’s Chocolate Sorbet – my favorite ice cream store non dairy option. Sweet Republic is a local ice cream shop that makes the most amazing ice cream and sorbets. If you’re in Scottsdale, AZ you must check them out! If you eat ice cream, try their mint chip made with real mint leaves!
And for toppings
- Organic Ah!laska Chocolate Syrup – great on ice cream or for making chocolate milk
(Visited 245 times, 1 visits today)