As Mother’s Day approaches and we may be looking for some fresh yet simple ways to celebrate the day. This post was originally written in 2020 when we were celebrating at home but has been updated keeping some of the simple yet special ideas.
11 Ideas for Making Mother’s Day Special
- Breakfast in bed. Waffles, avocado toast, eggs, and bacon, they’re all easy to cook. Add some fruit and coffee (or mimosa and your set. Have flowers growing in the yard? Pick a few and put in a bed vase. Put it all together on a tray and bring it to mom in bed. Don’t forget to clean up the kitchen too.
- Spa Day – draw her a warm bubble bath, light candles, and turn on some soothing music. Pour some tea or wine, depending on her preference. Put together a basket of nail polish, lotions, and face masks.
- Pick up dinner to-go or have it delivered from mom’s favorite restaurant. Mom has probably been doing overtime in the kitchen and definitely deserves a break.
- Have flowers delivered
- Give mom, some solo mom time. With everyone home more these days, many Moms are getting frazzled with work, mom duties, homeschooling, and household responsibilities. Let mom relax for a few hours. A quiet room, read a book, and sip tea. Or set up a lounge chair outside and bring Mom some snacks and drinks.
- Take a drive to somewhere and have a picnic lunch.
- Give Mom, a Mother’s Day ‘heart attack’ covering her bedroom door with paper hearts with special messages written on them.
- Grab blankets, snacks, and pile on the sofa for a movie day with mom. Mom gets to pick the movie.
- Go for a bike ride or hike (depending on the regulations for where you live and maintain social distancing)
- Take photos with mom. So often mom is the one with the camera and she doesn’t have many photos of herself with her kids or partner.
- Plan a fun family craft project. Need ideas? Pinterest is always a great crafting resource. When the project is done, make you clean up so mom doesn’t have to.
Need some gift ideas? We’ve got you covered with our Mother’s Day Gift guide