Among Us is the latest popular video game for tweens and teens. Are your kids playing yet?
If you haven’t heard, it’s a multiplayer online game involving social deduction. In a space setting, players are either Crewmates or Imposters. The game was released in 2018 but has really picked up in popularity in the last 6 months. Among Us can be played on a smartphone or a computer.
Over the years I have made pumpkins that are themed based on my son’s interests. With Among Us so popular right now, I took on the challenge. A quick google search didn’t reveal many ideas for pumpkin designs so I tackled it on my own. The characters are a variety of colors and wear space goggles and a backpack. In the game, you can add on goofy hats.
- pumpkin – oval-shaped works best
- red (or color for your character of choice), black and white craft paint
- thick black Sharpie
- craft paper (in coordinating character color)
- Use a pencil to sketch out your lines. Draw the goggles and the lighter area of the body
- Paint the mask using gray, light gray, and white. Use white paint to dilute the gray.
- Paint the body with red (or the color of your chosen character). Use white paint to create a lighter color for the body area that includes the head and belly.
- Use a sharpie to outline the mask
- Cut down the craft paper so it fits on the back as the backpack. Round corners. Outline with a black sharpie. Fold in half vertically so it gets a bend so it fits the shape of the pumpkin better. Glue on the back
- Top with the hat of your choice – cowboy hat, hockey mask, toilet plunger, party hat, chefs hat, post-it note, toilet paper roll, banana, pumpkin top, etc.