It’s Festival season. Sunny days, warm temperatures with the occasional cool breeze is the perfect weather for an outdoor musical festival.
Some festivals are multi-day. Days are long. Tickets are expensive and you want to maximize your time at the festival. Backpacks are often banned. Bag size is limited.
I’m not always the most organized person, but I do like to make packing lists whether it be for a trip, everyday essentials for my purse, trip to the beach etc. Not forgetting a few essentials, leads to a more enjoyable experience for all. Sneezing all day because I forgot allergy medicine or a rubbing shoe because I forgot bandaids can really take away from a fun day. But at the same time lugging around too much isn’t fun either.
A few weeks I attended the 2-day Innings Festival in Tempe, AZ. A mix of music and baseball. We had a blast but it was a fun two days. Bag sizes were limited along with a lot of other restrictions and I was very happy to have all the essentials I brought along with me.
Tip: Check the festival website for their requirements paying attention to the following:
- What size bag is permitted?
- Is a clear bag required?
- Can you bring chairs or blankets?
- are liquids permitted?
- can you bring in food or drinks?
- are there water filling stations to fill a reusable water bottle?
12 Music Festival Bag Essentials
- Sunscreen. I use a stick sunscreen since liquids and aerosols aren’t always allowed and less risk of spills. This is top on my list – don’t forget it. If you get sunburned, you will be miserable the next day.
- medicine kit – Advil, Excedrin, allergy
- ear plugs
- hand wipes
- phone charger and cables
- energy bar
- makeup – minimal items for touchups. Lipstick and face powder.
- deodorant wipe
- Reusable water bottle
- mini wallet with ID, credit card or debit card, cash, medical insurance card.
Clear Bags for festivals and sporting events
Many festivals (and other events including sporting events) have switched to required clear bags.
Should you bring a blanket to a music festival?
Is the concert for a few hours or is it all day? Is there seating or is it all open grass?
What kind of ticket do you have? VIP tickets often include a VIP area with seating though it is often limited.
I have a blanket the rolls up with straps and a shoulder strap making it perfect to carry around at festivals.
If the ground is damp, chose a blanket that has a lining on one side to keep you dry. Blankets are useful to keep you warm once the sun goes down.