Valentine’s Day is more than just a holiday to celebrate with your significant other. It’s a day to show your family and friends that you love them and appreciate that they are a part of your life. It’s become quite a commercialized holiday but there are many ways to show your love for your family without spending a lot of money.
- Small gift – You don’t need to spend a lot of money for Valentine’s Day. A favorite candy or a fun small gift is perfect. I shared a few ideas for Valentine’s Day gifts for teen boys on the blog earlier this month.
- Heart Attack – Cut out paper hearts and cover their bedroom door. Easy and inexpensive.
- Decorate – Add a few Valentine’s touches to your home
- Breakfast – Make a special breakfast like heart shaped pancakes or pick up Valentine’s Day donuts.
- Valentine’s lunch – For the younger kids Valentine’s Day themed bento lunch is fun but this my son said no to that (he’s 12). So instead I snuck a few heart candies in his lunch – he won’t say no to sweets.
- Heart shaped pizza dinner – We love to make pizza together as a family. For Valentine’s Day its fun and super easy to make it a heart-shaped pizza. We buy pre-made pizza dough from Trader Joes and all of our favorite toppings and we’re all set for a fun evening.