Kicking off the year with a focus on healthier eating? a weight loss goal?
A few months ago I started the Ketogenic (Keto) diet. I feel great and have lost 20 pounds in the first two months with another 20 to go. Also, over the years I’ve loosely followed Paleo diet and I’ve also done a few rounds of Whole30.
My favorite sandwich as long as I can remember has been a BLT. Even better when you add avocado. Not wanting to give this up, I created a low-carb, gluten-free version. Plus it’s super simple.
Avocado, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato Wraps (ABLT Wraps)
- bacon – check the ingredients to find one with no added sugar
- butter lettuce
- mayonnaise – I love the Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil
Cook the bacon – I prefer using the oven but any technique works.
Recipe Tip#1 – Taco holders are the perfect solution for holding your wraps together. Of course, these also work great for tacos and taco lettuce wraps so we have enough for everyone in the family. Because Tuesdays are Taco Tuesdays in our house. The taco holders can be flipped to hold 2 or 3 tacos or wraps.
Use a few large lettuce leaves as your base. Layer on the bacon, tomato, and avocado. Add mayonnaise to the top.
Recipe Tip #2– put mayo in a squeeze bottle so it’s easy to add to your wrap.
That’s all, enjoy!
- 6 slices of bacon (no sugar added)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- tomatom sliced
- bib lettuce, separated into leaves
- Mayonnaise (Keto Paleo compliant)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay bacon on an oven-safe on top of a cookie sheet (with sides). Cook bacon 18-2 minutes until crisp. Partway through cooking, flip the bacon. Drain grease on paper towels when cooked.
- Assemble the wraps. Pick 1-2 pieces of lettuce per wrap and fill with 1 1/2 pieces of bacon, avocado, and tomato. Add mayonnaise to the top.