Tacos are popular in our house. Every Tuesday is Taco Tuesday. Chicken, ground beef and shredded beef tacos are regular but I like to mix in a few varieties once in awhile. I love taco recipes that can be cooked in a slow cooker and ones that freeze well for future dinners – and this recipe does both!
3 lb pork roast
1 jar (16 oz) pineapple salsa (Trader Joe’s Pineapple Salsa)
1 can (8.45 fl oz) pineapple juice (Trader Joe’s 100% Pineapple Juice)
fresh pineapple jalapeno salsa
1 cup pineapple
1 T chopped cilantro
1 T chopped jalapeno
tortillas (I prefer half corn half wheat variety)
- Heat a pan over medium heat and drizzle with olive oil.
- Liberally coat pork roast with taco seasoning.
- Sear pork on all sides until a golden brown color.
- Remove from pan and place in slow cooker and cover with salsa and pineapple juice.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours. Cooking time depends on cut of meat – meat should be tender and fall apart.
- While pork is cooking, make the salsa so that flavors have time to develop.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred. Return shredded meat to slow cooker and mix with juices.
- Serve pork with tortillas and salsa.