Kids are growing up but I still like to find ways to make Easter fun for teens. A mix of continuing traditions that we’ve always done and a few new things that will keep their interest (and not to go hide in their room playing video games)
- Easter egg hunt with a high dollar golden egg like a $100 dollar bill. Need ideas for what to put in rest of the eggs? We’ve got 25 great ideas for what to put in the eggs for teens.
- Plan an Easter Egg hunt where each egg is filled with a clue to lead to the Easter basket. We’ve been doing this the last years. The basket usually includes a chocolate bunny, a few favorite Easter candies, Nerf water gun and a bathing suit.
- Decorate the house for Easter. The next few ideas are holiday traditions that we’ve done for years. As kids get older, they may not be into holidays as much but often look forward to family traditions.
- Traditional family dinner
- Bunny pancakes
- Host a neighborhood block party with Easter egg games like the Egg and Spoon Relay race.
- Glow in the dark Easter Egg hunt by placing glow sticks in plastic Easter eggs.
- Make your own Easter chocolates
- Dye Easter Eggs. Give you kids sharpies and let them go crazy with goofy faces, phrases, and designs. Have a contest for the best-decorated egg. Gift cards like Starbucks or iTunes are popular prizes.
- Bake and decorate Easter sugar cookies
- Sign up for an Easter Fun Run. Give everyone bunny ears or a cottontail for extra silliness or create custom family t-shirts.
- Go out for an elegant Easter brunch. Now that the kids are older they’ll appreciate good food. Also, their behavior will appropriate (hopefully! but you never know with teens) for fancy dining.
- Spread the cheer and surprise your neighbors with a ‘You’ve been egged’ basket filled with Easter goodies.
- Secret Easter Bunny. Fill plastic Easter eggs and leave them in the front yards of homes of your neighbors before your neighbor’s wake on Easter morning.
- Make Peeps s’mores.
Here’s a few more…because we can’t stop at just 15.
- ‘Guess How Many Jelly Beans’ are in the jar
- Guess the Jelly Bean flavor. Blindfold the person who’s up and give them a flavor to guess. Jelly Belly’s work best for this!
- Plant flowers – this is a great time to get the family involved with planting new flowers and your home ready for spring.