Do you follow a dairy-free diet? I found out I developed an allergy to whey about 4 years ago, the protein in dairy and have been eating dairy-free since then. It was hard at first but once I got used to it, not so bad. It was worth it because I felt so much better, more energy and lost a lot of weight.
But as Valentine’s Day nears I feel left out. A huge box of chocolates. Those decadent desserts the restaurants are offering. I decided to put together a list of things we CAN indulge in while keeping with a dairy-free diet.
Dairy-free Valentine’s Day indulgences
- Dark Chocolate Bars – Most dark chocolate is dairy-free but check the label because a few brands do have dairy as an ingredient. Dark chocolate almond or dark chocolate sea salt are good too. Skip with caramel filled since those usually have dairy added.
- Unreal Dark Chocolate Gems – Similar to M&Ms but dairy free and no artificial colors or ingredients.
- Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups – These are just amazing. That’s all I need to say. Go get one if you haven’t yet had one, you’ll thank me.
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies. Yes, these are dairy-free. Oreos or Newman’s Own.
- Strawberries and CocoWhip Whipped Cream. So Delicious makes a delicious dairy-free whipped topping, CocoWhip made with coconut milk. Look for it in the freezer section.
- Dairy-free ice cream – there’s a lot of choices now when it comes to dairy-free ice cream. Soy, coconut milk, almond milk and cashew milk. Lots of flavor choices too.
- Sorbet – Raspberry or Strawberry sorbet is a perfect Valentine’s sweet.
- Wine – the perfect dairy-free indulgence.