I enjoy making updates to my home throughout the year. Simple touches. Festive. Things to make you feel the season. Winter in Arizona isn’t as extreme as other parts of the country but the temperatures do drop especially in the evenings. We can often see snow on the tops of the mountains off in the distance. If we want to play in the snow we drive north a few hours for sledding or skiing.
feelings of winter
warmth, soft, fuzzy, flannel, wool
whites, creams, grays, plaids, gold, silver
pine, berries, twigs, candles, birch, pinecones
scents of pine, vanilla, peppermint
9 Winter Home Decor Updates
- Flannel Sheets – nothing better than getting into a warm, soft and cozy bed on chilling evenings.
- Throw Blankets – drape blankets across the sofa or fill a basket with blankets. Not only do they add to the look of a cozy room but will help keep your toes warm in the evenings while lounging on the sofa.
- Candles – update with winter scents and add a few extra candles around the home. Loving my Sugared Birch scented candle from the new Magnolia line at Target. I also always have a few Bath and Body Works candles – this season is White Barn’s Woodland.
- Baskets – fill baskets or wooden bowls with pinecones or pieces of wood
- Centerpieces – update with winter touches. mercury glass or snowflake decorate candle holders and vases.
- Throw pillows – warm winter textures like sweater knits and fur (fake) textures. Wool plaids.
- Snow – bring the snow inside by adding fake snow to candle holders or mason jars and insert votive candles
- Hand and dish soaps – Update with winter scents. In my kitchen, I have Mrs. Meyers Iowa Pine Scent and in my bathroom Mrs. Meyers Peppermint.
- Wreaths – update wreaths that hang on your front door or throughout your home. Berries or fuzzy textures are perfect.