This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RaceDayRelief #CollectiveBias
Planning a Race Day viewing party?
What to cook?
Bacon Barbacoa Nachos are the perfect appetizer to make for a Race Day party. Bacon makes everything better. Nachos are a must for any sports viewing party. My family loves bacon and spicy flavors so we’re always looking for ways to incorporate these flavors. Bacon pairs well with the smoky chipotle flavors making quite tasty nachos.
I LOVE nachos. Casual. Delicious. Easy to tweak the recipe to your liking – add beans, use a different kind of meat, use a spicier salsa. Don’t forget to add some fresh cilantro on top – just a little bit adds a punch of flavor (and makes your dish look good too)
This recipe works great for entertaining on Race Day. You can start the meat cooking ahead of time in a Slow Cooker and keep it warm until party time. Just shred the meat, add the bacon and put back in the Slow Cooker on Warm. When your guests arrive, layer the nachos and serve. Love simple stress-free entertaining.
The meat also freezes well. Cook the beef ahead of time and freeze. Remove from freezer and thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Heat and serve on Race Day. Love anything you make ahead when entertaining.
- 2 lbs chuck roast cut into quarters
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobe sauce
- 3 T coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 c beef broth
- 1/2 c cider vinegar
- 1 T cumin
- 1 T oregano
- 1 t kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- tortilla chips
- 4 slices of bacon
- Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 2 oz Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- Pour oil into a large skillet. Brown on all sides over medium heat. Place meat in Slow Cooker.
- Combine chipotle chiles, garlic, lime juice, beef broth, vinegar, cumin, oregano, and salt in a blender or food processor. Pour sauce over meat in Slow Cooker.
- Add 2 bay leaves
- Cook on LOW for 9-10 hours until meat is pull-apart tender.
- Use forks to shred meat. Keep warm in Slow Cooker.
- Heat over to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spread bacon slices in a single layer
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until cooked (baking time varies with bacon thickness).
- Drain fat and chop in 1-inch pieces.
- Chop bacon into small pieces and mix with barbacoa.
- Spread tortilla chips on a large platter. Layer meat on top of chips. Add salsa and cheese. Add cilantro to garnish.
Do you often end up with heartburn after eating too much on Race Day? Especially spicy foods? Be prepared with Nexium.
- It’s just one pill a day for a simple solution to heartburn.
- Nexium 24HR is the new #1 selling brand for frequent heartburn*.
- New easy to swallow tablets.
On a recent trip to my local Walmart to pick up ingredients for my Race Day food preparations, I picked up a box of Nexium 24HR. Easy to find in the OTC medicine aisle near the front of the store. Click here for a coupon.
Who are you cheering on this Race Day? We’re cheering on Ty Dillon in car #95.
*Based on IRI sales data 52 weeks ending 11/1/15 among OTC brands.