This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions Are mine alone.
Summer’s here, kids are on vacation which means its time to hit the road to explore the outdoors! Arizona offers so many amazing camping destinations. Many of them are in the mountains which also means cooler air – we love any opportunity to escape Phoenix when temperatures hit over 100 degrees. As soon as school was this year we headed for a weekend camping trip to Lynx Lake, near Prescott, AZ.
Any trip, especially a road trip requires preparation. I’ve included a checklist that covers important things to do to get ready for your trip (its more than just packing). I LOVE lists. I’m a big list maker because I hate being unprepared, especially when you’re out in the wilderness.
Any time we go on a road trip one of the first things I do, if needed, is get an oil change. I drive a LOT. I bought my Toyota Highlander in 2013 and it already has 67,000 miles on it so its really important that I take care of my car. My car was due for an oil change so we headed off to Walmart’s Automotive Care Center – location was convenient, price was awesome and I was even able to get some shopping done while my car was being serviced – I’m a busy mom so I LOVE it when I can multitask.
Walmart Automotive Care Center offers Pennzoil motor oil. My car requires synthetic motor oil, which is the silver bottle, Pennzoil Platinum with PurePlus Technology.
- Best protection for your car from friction
- Helps to clean out sludge that less quality products leave behind
- Extends the mileage you can drive each year
- Pennzoil Platinum is the best product in their line – PurePlus TM Technology has been proven to keep your engine pistons up to 40% cleaner than the toughest industry standard. Pure Plus technology is a process that converts natural gas into a 99.5% pure base oil.
- Warranty covering 15 engine parts that may fail due to engine wear (more details on the Pennzoil Warranty Site)
What are your favorite camping destinations in Arizona? Our next trip is to Dairy Springs near Flagstaff. Leave a comment with your favorites or a link if you’ve blogged about camping in Arizona.